Senior UX Designer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your design skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll partner with Product and Engineering teams to create delightful, effortless experiences for our users. You'll shape our products by understanding our users' needs and translating them into intuitive designs, validating them frequently during their path from concept to polished product. If you constantly analyze and obsess over other product’s experiences—we’d like to hear from you!
This position will report to our Manager, Design, and has the opportunity to work remotely or be based in any of our U.S. offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts for our cloud-based applications
- Frequently conduct discovery research and usability tests with Procore users (online and/or in-person at job sites around the country)
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile software product development teams that include Product Managers and Engineers to determine a solution based on research, and set the product’s strategy
- Evangelize UX throughout the organization
- Cultivate optimistic outlooks, promote a positive culture within your teams, and overcome challenges through endurance, grit, and persistence
- Incorporate well-crafted visual design and can leverage and contribute to a design system
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing world-class apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- Strong aptitude for performing and synthesizing research, including contextual inquiry
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions to both cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in leading design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Extreme ownership, bias to action, and know-how to succeed in ambiguity
- Ability to design as a team, exploring and promoting new ideas, especially those that aren’t your own
- You’re self-aware and lead from a place of empathy
- Enjoy the challenges of leveraging critical thinking and system thinking to solve highly complex and nuanced needs of enterprise B2B customers
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment, and development programs, and volunteer days.