Senior UX Designer
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You’ll be joining a small but growing team of experienced designers who are paving the way to create a more user-centered platform. Our team thrives on collaborating across teams, and digging in to fully understand the context of any problem. We value ideas and feedback from everyone, and we’re incredibly fortunate to sit next to people who use the platform on a daily basis.
As a Sr. UX/UI Designer at The Trade Desk, you will have a unique opportunity to shape our fast-growing platform used by thousands of people across the globe. You will be important not just to the UX team, but to the company as a whole. As a Senior UX/UI designer, you will work on enhancing our product UX/UI through individual projects, as well as mentor and guide to our growing UX/UI team.
At The Trade Desk, we believe each opportunity to engage with consumers is unique. Because of this, our platform provides advertisers and their agencies with an unprecedented level of power to describe and reach their target audience. This means user experience can make or break our business – our users must have all the flexibility to harness our system’s growing power and should be able to use our platform with unparalleled ease.WHO YOU ARE:
As a Senior UX/UI designer:
- You will help create and implement a strong UX/UI vision for the Trade Desk platform. This vision should be actionable, backed by research, and compelling enough to make the product roadmap
- You can translate problems and new concepts into intuitive and clean UIs. Our system is complex, but shouldn’t feel that way to our users
- You know design patterns like the back of your hand, and can help build and maintain a cohesive visual language
- You can quickly and thoroughly create wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes. While you need to be speedy, you are a deliberate designer. Every pixel has a purpose, and every interaction is thoughtful
- You can prioritize, plan and deliver designs on time. You’ll help the rest of the team do the same
- You understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you’ll make sure they’re developed accurately
- As a lifelong learner, you keep up with technology and design trends, striving for our platform to be modern and innovative
- You are comfortable explaining your work and research findings to anyone, including executives
- You use research and best practices to construct and defend your ideas. You embrace feedback and thrive in an iterative environment
- You can effectively collaborate with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders, remotely and in person
- You help other designers grow by providing feedback and guidance, teaching them new skills and leading them to reach career goals
- You gain insight through talking to users and strive to know the clients we are designing for
- You are a passionate advocate for the user, but know when to look beyond their requests to discover the true problem
- You have a proven track record of being an effective and creative problem solver
- You are comfortable working with product managers to proactively identify areas of the product that need improvement
- You can see beyond incremental features.
- 8+ years of relevant design experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a design related discipline. Master’s a plus.
- Proven track record of being an effective and creative problem solver.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in interaction, UI, and visual design (Portfolio required for consideration).
- Expert-level knowledge of industry standard design tools (Sketch, Invision, Figma, etc.).
- Experience leading junior and mid-level designers (giving design direction, assisting in career growth) either as their people manager or providing art direction as Sr. leader.
Other skills you bring to the table:
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (PM, Eng) in an agile work environment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with a user research team.
- Experience leveraging data to inform and measure design.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.