Senior User Researcher at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Sr. User Researcher to join the Product Design Team in our Los Angeles office.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Sr. User Researcher to join our team and contribute to the evolving Honey product offering. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction and trajectory of a new product. You will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts, QAs, Product Designers) in all phases of design from discovery to execution.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, analysts to identify research topics and uncover opportunities
- Take the lead to conduct qualitative/quantitative research to help define the right problem for the product team
- Plan and conduct user testing sessions to evaluate design solutions
- Synthesize user behavior and present clear actionable insights to influence the design decisions
- Proficiency in the agile product development environment
- Strong product thinking skills
- Meticulous sense of detail and the ability to seek out simple or new solutions to complex challenges
- Passion and care for championing the value of user experience research and design thinking to the whole company
- Experienced in all types of research methods, including but not limited to: contextual inquiry and ethnographic field studies, one-on-one interviews, A/B testing, focus groups, usability testing, concept testing, competitive assessments, diary studies, etc.
- 5+ years experience shipping consumer-facing products used by millions of consumers
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Coach younger user researchers
- Lives and breathes design
Bonus Points For:
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. in Anthropology, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field preferred or equivalent
- Experience in either E-commerce or Fintech industry
- Solid UX/UI design skills
- Prototyping skills
- Experience leading small teams
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.