Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
As the Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for owning and leading the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people. You will also work collaboratively with your PM, Eng and UX partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Work collaboratively with your PM, Eng and UX partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Own product design and direction for your squad. This requires you to be actively involved in defining strategy as you will be a key contributor to defining your squad’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use designs.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions.
- Participate in twice-a-week design collaboration sessions.
- Mentor fellow designers, helping them to think more critically and strategically and improve their craft.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years relevant product design experience in a product or design-focused tech company.
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Experience performing all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research (sometimes with the UX research team), defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and user testing.
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma.
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system in Figma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and data analysis.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.