Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
As the Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for owning and leading the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people. You will also work collaboratively with your PM, Eng and UX partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Work collaboratively with your PM, Eng and UX partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Own product design and direction for your squad. This requires you to be actively involved in defining strategy as you will be a key contributor to defining your squad’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use designs.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions.
- Participate in twice-a-week design collaboration sessions.
- Mentor fellow designers, helping them to think more critically and strategically and improve their craft.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years relevant product design experience in a product or design-focused tech company.
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Experience performing all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research (sometimes with the UX research team), defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and user testing.
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma.
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system in Figma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and data analysis.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
• Company laptop and home office stipend
• Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.