Senior Product Designer - UX at NEXT Trucking
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:52 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Senior Product/UX Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product process across mobile and web, from proposing initial concepts to ensuring we ship features at a high quality. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of UI/UX design, including prototyping for mobile and web, interaction design, and visual design. We are a full-lifecycle product design shop. You will own your product from start to finish.
What You’ll Do During Your First 12-18 Months
- Lead the design of new features and updates from concept to release
- Design user flows, wireframes, and visual interfaces
- Interview, survey, and test users
- Contribute to our Sketch design system
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems
- Work closely with front end developers and product managers
What You’ll Have
- 5+ years of experience with mobile and web design
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- A user-centered approach to designing software
- Experience with design tools, like Sketch, Invision, and Abstract
- Experience with design systems built in Sketch
- Experience at a fast growing startup
- Experience with marketplaces
- Experience with service design
- Experience with framer, front end coding, or another hifi prototyping tool
Nice To Have:
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description