What you'll do
- User Research: Engage with users, plan and execute research studies, and leverage data and evidence to make confident design decisions.
- Problem Solving: Design end-to-end user experiences through collaborative brainstorming, user journeys, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and polished visual design comps using Sketch or other tools.
- Build High-Quality Products: Partner with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to design user experiences from conception to launch. Lead broader design initiatives, such as creating future visions for upcoming products, services, and features.
- Cross-team Collaboration: Present work and communicate design decisions to stakeholders with confidence and clarity to gather feedback, iterate on and refine design solutions
- Leadership: Help to grow our team by serving as a mentor and helping the team deliver the highest quality. Implement procedures, training, and workflows for driving efficiency and creating leverage for the team.
- Ability to travel 1-2 times per year for all staff or team gatherings (once we resume travel).
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years as a UX/UI/Product Designer building best-of-class digital products.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating direct contribution to shipment of 2 or more products successfully with clear metrics on how solutions drove user and/or business outcomes.
- Experience across the full product development cycle: from ideation and strategy to hands-on implementation.
- Team leadership experience, through management and/or mentoring of others.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Willing to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Experience working with remote design, and development teams.
- Experience designing mobile applications for B2C and B2B software.
- Experience building a product from ground zero or working at an early-stage startup.
- Experience working with warehousing, logistics, or ERP software.
- A BFA or MFA with studies in the fields of interaction design, UX, visual design, and/or Human-computer interaction (preferred but not required).