Senior Product Designer (Conversational UI)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
We’re currently in the early stages of developing our Innovations team responsible for the ideation and creation of AI related solutions across AAA’s products and services. We are looking for ambitious, empathic and collaborative technology enthusiasts to assist in our Chatbot initiatives to build meaningful and valuable Virtual Assistants for our members. Future initiatives will expand across various cognitive technology solutions for the organization’s products and services.
What will you do?
- Translate business goals into wireframes, user stories, user journeys, lo-hi fidelity prototypes and mockups optimized for Android, iOS, desktop and mobile web
- Participate in lean UX activities in an agile environment, such as user/design research and customer interviews.
- Partner with UX Lead and product management team to develop a shared vision.
- Design and facilitate workshops to scope an initiative, identify an opportunity, or generate potential solutions
- Work with the technology team to understand the current state and provide solutions without compromising on core experiential principles.
- Develop and maintain a user interface style guide and UX pattern library to maintain consistency across products and applications
- Review and critique the UX designs of assigned products in the AAA portfolio and ensure rich design quality (great interaction, supreme visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc.).Tell meaningful stories about the user.
- Mentor other members of the UX team.
What do you need?
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent education and professional experience as an interaction/user experience designer.
- 7+ years of experience providing interaction design solutions for web and/or software applications, experience solving complex user problems.
- 6+ years of experience in requirements discovery, definition, and analysis in an enterprise environment.
- Hands on expertise designing and implementing AI conversational experiences via chatbots or virtual assistants at enterprise scale preferred
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a strong sense of modern visual design, command of typography, and understanding of design fundamentals (color theory, balance, etc.)
- Examples of work showing strong understanding of responsive vs. adaptive design
- Examples of work showing strong understanding of micro-interactions
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders and cross-functional teams to convey defined experiences, examples of process, and projects
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing.
- Strong experience generating ideas, brainstorming, and concept sketching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation, and storytelling skills, including the ability to articulate alternative design approaches.
- Experience with industry tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Invision, Zeplin.
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders.
- Solid organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
Who are you?
- You are creative, always questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative.
- You are humble. You are someone who readily admits what you don’t know – you’re always looking to get better (and you’re really good at getting better).
- You are guided by data… but you know data is a starting point, and you continue to analyze and learn.
- You have a relentless desire for innovation and you understand it is a balance between business and user value.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.