Senior Product Designer, Consumer Experience at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Consumer Product team, you’ll design products that help Clutter provide excellent support and service to our customers. You’ll learn about the most complex parts of our operation, and help roll them up into flows that are intuitive, usable, and enjoyable. As a result, you’ll help us deliver on our promise to Clutter customers: to give them peace of mind during some of the most stressful times of their lives.
Day to day, you’ll collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and data analysts to bring products to life. You’ll conduct regular user research to understand customers’ needs and uncover ways to improve their experience.
As an early member of the design team, you’ll also have an outsize influence on how design operates at Clutter, helping to create a culture of valuable critique and collaboration.
As a Senior Product Designer, Consumer Experience - you will:
- Design strategies and solutions that help us deliver outstanding service
- Move ideas from concept to execution, by creating things like:
- Low-fidelity wireframes or sketches
- High-fidelity, pixel-perfect mockups
- Systems thinking and design (i.e. user journeys, behavior/need mapping)
- Craft high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Work with small cross-functional teams. You’ll collaborate closely with product, engineering, and data counterparts to find well-considered, effective solutions
- Get to know our workforce—including movers, dispatchers, and customer support representatives—to understand and communicate their needs, and design solutions that help them work safely and effectively
- Consider ethical implications of proposed solutions throughout your design processes
- Establish and iterate on design systems to support rapid design and development
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience designing consumer applications
- A portfolio that demonstrates strength in making complex flows simple and intuitive, with well-documented case studies that step through your thought process
- An inspiring, engaging and clear communication style. Ability to communicate your ideas through design artifacts, written documents, or presentations to gain alignment with your teams
- A keen eye for visual details, and experience working with design systems and improving them over time
- A data-informed approach to design
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional groups to ship great work as a team
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.