Senior Art Director at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including Softbank, Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 1,000+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we've focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
As a Senior Art Director at Clutter, you’ll shape and develop brand campaigns and communications across physical and digital channels. As an early member of our creative team, you’ll also have a real impact on our brand, using your creativity to help us define and iterate on visual identity and voice.
Day to day, you’ll craft compelling work for a wide array of formats—from physical pop up installations, mailers to send to new customers, social media posts, or even large-scale public transit campaigns. You will collaborate closely with our marketing team to set goals, define brand strategy, and test and iterate on the campaigns themselves.
You’ll also manage creative feedback to external agencies or freelancers, and provide artistic direction, leadership, and guidance to their work.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your art direction and design skills to transform concepts into well-crafted executions that impact our intended audience
- Distill customer research and data analytics into effective strategies to define and evolve our visual approaches
- Synthesize and organize Clutter brand guidelines for broad distribution
- Visualize a single concept across multiple channels to create consistent brand messaging, while also optimizing for different touchpoints
- Guide external art leads, artists, freelancers, and agency partners to deliver high quality assets
- Provide on-set direction to people producing photo or video assets
- Execute high quality work in a fast-paced startup environment
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of design experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to work strategically, and execute on a variety of different assets
- A hands-on approach to work, with a proven ability to help define and communicate an overall brand language
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to come up with novel ideas and provide clear direction and recommendations
- Exceptional visual design skills, including color, layout, and typography, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Clear understanding of print production processes
- Ideally, experience guiding photo and/or video production
- A highly collaborative working style
- An ability to distinguish between “good” and “great” and push teams around you to create “great” work
Clutter is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities that we serve, where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self. Diverse teams are more successful, which is why Clutter aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.