Who You Are:
- You can empathize with people whose experience, daily life, and needs may be very different than your own. You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You are a systems thinker. Even though you may work on a specific feature set or within a squad’s focus, you seek to understand the entire customer journey.
- You take a comprehensive approach to product design and customer empathy, you think in terms of design systems and not individual screens or components.
- You are inquisitive by nature. Your first instinct is to ask questions instead of rushing to an answer. You aim to minimize ambiguity by identifying constraints and crystalizing the problem you are trying to solve. With this, you distill complicated problems into simple and approachable solutions.
- You give and receive feedback well, like collaborating with others early and often, and want to push both yourself and the design team to new heights.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through user feedback and data insight.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You obsess over details and work collaboratively with your engineering counterparts to ensure that the deliverables in our users hands are exactly what you’d expect.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with cross functional teams and drive the design processes of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Conduct research to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use designs.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas and iterations quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions.
- Participate in twice-a-week design collaboration sessions to help your team to think more critically, strategically, and make constant improvements to the design system.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years relevant product design experience in a product or design-focused tech company.
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Experience performing all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research (sometimes with the UX research team), defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and user testing.
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma.
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system in Figma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and data analysis.