Product Designer at FloQast
The Product Designer is responsible for assuring that FloQast is accounting software that doesn’t look like accounting software. We strive to be functional and fun, utilizing modern design techniques and user experience acumen to make FloQast continually easier and more intuitive to use - even as it becomes more powerful and feature rich. You will be responsible for the in-app experience for accountants working in FloQast - both to improve the existing application and to create the next generation of tools to help users close the books faster and more accurately. We strive to deliver an experience that is focused on streamlining our user’s workflow while creating a more enjoyable and engaging experience. You will be working on creating new products as well as existing products for our core application, updating and extending our design language.
- Lead the company-wide discussion, direction-setting and roadmap of FloQast’s user experience and design - including internal stakeholders and engaging with customers and prospects.
- Develop a keen understanding of our users’ pain and how our application currently addresses that pain, and how to continually make FloQast’s solution pleasurable to use in every way - from pleasing and modern user interface to an intuitive and logical information architecture.
- Create user experiences with effortless usability for simple as well as complex user flows.
- Create wireframes and user flows, mockups and alternative approaches to new and existing features
- Maintain and extend our current design language and style guide
- Any other creative tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- 5-10 years of digital/product design experience with a strong portfolio - ideally representing a variety of highly usable B2C or B2B experiences, including information-dense applications similar to presentation of accounting and/or workflow progress.
- World-class visual design sensibility and data visualization skills.
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concepts with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable with user testing, use of data to drive product enhancements, and iterative design
- Understanding of user flows, user stories, personas and basic wireframes
- Comfortable working on products from brainstorming to implementation. Comfortable presenting their ideas and work. Willingness to give and accept constructive criticism
- Experience working closely with developers, product managers and other designers
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative and follow-through
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and consultative skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and respond to rapidly changing demands and fulfill efficient follow ups
About FloQast www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast-growing, Los Angeles-based, growth-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success are fueled by a passion to define and dominate the close management software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast and the response has made FloQast among the fastest growing FinTech companies with now more than 750 customers, including Lyft, Zoom, Twilio and the Golden State Warriors.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees.
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.