Product Designer at Tradesy
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling luxury fashion, enabling savvy customers to unlock the value in their closet to access affordable luxury. Our mission is to make fashion resale as simple, safe and stylish as retail- at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Design is baked into our company DNA -- one of our founders is a designer, and we believe that great design is far more than simply a beautiful interface, but rather extends into the design of the service and the business itself. Designers at Tradesy aren't just pixel pushers-- design is an integral part of how we make product decisions.
As a Product Designer at Tradesy, you'll be responsible for designing usable and delightful interfaces and interactions. After working closely with product managers and user experience designers to define the approach, you'll own the execution of the user interface from designing mockups, to building prototypes, to working with engineers to polish the final product. You'll design scalable interface systems and work to elevate the product beyond utility by designing for emotion and desire, and obsess over the details that take a product from good, to great, to exceptional.
- Design clear, elegant interfaces that make the complex simple
- Design the interactions and interfaces, set experience goals, describe user flows, create sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and UX designers to execute on delightful and usable interfaces and interactions
- Iterate on designs based on team feedback, customer feedback, and data
- Evangelize design across the organization
- A passion for analyzing, understanding and solving complex problems through design
- A deep understanding of design that extends beyond "how it looks"
- An uncanny ability to learn quickly and take critical feedback without breaking stride
- Experience working in small teams and in a highly autonomous environment
- Experience or interest in user research and usability studies
- Experience or interest in design and prototyping with tools like Sketch, InVision, Framer, and html/css
- An analytical mindset but you recognize that you can't A/B test your way to innovation
- An understanding of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design
- An understanding of information architecture
- Competitive, depending on experience
- Meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Weekly yoga
- Commuter benefits
- Tight knit team