Versus is seeking a Product Designer familiar with the Chinese market, who has 3 - 5 years of professional experience designing a variety of technology products, including software applications. This position works in close collaboration with our Product, Design, and Development teams, shaping all aspects of the look and feel of our responsive software and native mobile applications, as well as video game menu systems. Your work will include research, workflows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, user-testing, developing style guides and playing a significant role in the evolution of our design system.
Prior experience working in an agile and highly-iterative environment is a must. Your concepts will be tested, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders. You'll need to be flexible, creative, and thoughtful. We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus and value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
- Designing enterprise products by creating clean designs and seamless experiences
- Working with Product Managers to ensure product vision is translated into actionable items
- Building, evolving, and maintaining our design system across different products
- Understanding and committing to user-centric design, creating a fluid, interactive product
- Conducting user research, building persona’s, user-flows, wireframing, designing high fidelity mockups and prototyping ensuring interfaces/flows are based on business requirements
- Providing usability recommendations based on user-testing, analytics, and user behavior
- Collaborating with development teams to guide and support implementation of final designs
- Presenting and justifying design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholder
WE NEED . . .
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design or related studies
- 5+ year’s experience designing software applications, mobile apps and video games
- Proficient in sketch, Craft, google suite, Photoshop, Invision or other prototyping tools
- Experience shipping multiple products to the Chinese market
- A portfolio demonstrating a clear design process from discovery and research to final hand-off of design to dev team
- Understanding of the cultural nuances of design in regards to design and copy. Can include: expected UX/UI patterns, iconography, color, tone, etc.
- Ability to read and write Mandarin
- An analytical and user-centric designer with amazing organization skills
- A strong leader able to listen to others and collaborate to find the best solution
- A designer with a holistic product view
- Willingness to help Business Development with general approach with sales and marketing collateral
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)