Product Design Manager at Tinder
Tinder empowers users around the world to create new connections that otherwise might never have been possible! We build products that bring people together and are a small team with a focus on individual responsibility and rapid development. We are looking for a Product Design Manager for our Innovation Pillar to lead and mentor a team of product designers, providing direction and mentorship on their work and output. Design Managers are champions of both their craft and their team’s career development at Tinder and beyond.
As a qualified candidate, you possess an incredible eye for detail and organization. You have experience building big and innovative products and possess a body of work that demonstrates the distillation of complex ideas into thoughtful and intuitive solutions for the user. You must be (and enjoy being) a proven leader and excellent communicator, that is comfortable working closely with designers, cross functional partners, and executives that are passionate about building breathtaking and high impact digital products.Responsibilities:
- Lead and encourage a team of product designers, providing innovative and creative design direction while raising the bar on quality
- Work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across all products
- Influence the business and product strategy while being a strong and articulate advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Data Science and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
- A background in product design and portfolio of beautiful interface / graphic designs
- Ability to think big and solve complex design problems
- 2+ years managing design teams
- 7+ years professional experience with mobile design and proven foundation in UX design heuristics
- Extensive expertise and ability to articulate and teach an understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and architecture.
- A collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary designers