Product Design Manager
We are looking for a great Product Design Manager to join us in our Pasadena, CA office. You are an experienced leader with 5+ years of designing and delivering successful products to the market. You are passionate about building products that people love. You have excellent communication skills and work well cross-functionally with other departments. You are hungry to learn and develop yourself in all aspects of design, product, and leadership. You are comfortable managing a small team of designers, using boba as positive reinforcement, and partnering with peer functional leaders!
- Manage, grow, and mentor a team of mid to senior-level designers.
- Encourage and promote clear objectives, career development, work satisfaction, and a happy work environment.
- Operate projects smoothly across multiple teams, delivering pixel-perfect and high fidelity designs.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Data Analytics, and Marketing to help define product strategy and champion user experience.
- Oversee the creation of product flows, storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate user experiences and design ideas.
- Work hands-on with designers to define problems, create design systems, and ship high-quality final product.
- Show great understanding of UX/UI patterns, responsive web and mobile app design, and user research.
- Develop Spokeo's design vision and strategy while increasing its public representation. This includes writing for our blog, speaking, community building, outreach, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with UX/UI design, including 1+ years of design leadership experience.
- An extensive online portfolio of design work, showcasing your proven track record of successfully shipping products from concept to launch, detailing your role in each.
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, experience design, user flows, site architecture, prototyping, and user research/testing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and honestly with team members and senior leadership. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in visual and web design tools such as Sketch and the Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite.
- Experience building rapid prototypes with tools such as Framer, Figma, Axure, Origami, etc.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Spokeo is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate or their resume or profile to a Spokeo employee without 1) a current, fully-executed agreement on file and 2) being assigned to the open position (as a search) via our applicant tracking solution.