Product Design Manager
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Are you passionate about designing products that customers love - that will create emotional connections between people - that are easy to use? Do you obsess over the user experience?
Come Join Us! Our product team at Hallmark Labs is growing!
We are looking for a passionate, talented Product Design Manager to lead our user experience initiatives across our digital products. The right person uses design thinking to problem solve user experience issues holistically, sweats the details, and delights our customers with micro-interactions across a variety of digital platforms.
Reporting to the VP of Product, this position will collaborate with product management, engineering and marketing to define and implement innovative solutions for a consistent product direction, visuals and user experience across our verticals. This person will also manage a team of designers providing mentorship, guidance, prioritization and best practices.
Who we are:
Hallmark Labs LLC (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital services; Hallmark Movies Now (a subscription video on demand service), HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and an ecommerce platform for personalized greeting cards.
We’re leveraging Hallmark’s experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, iconic American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day.
Of course, we have the normal perks for a company in Santa Monica: flexible work hours, team events and outings, writable walls, collaboration spaces, casual dress, monthly catered lunches, ample parking - but we know that is not what you really care about. We are a small and growing company with a talented and driven group of software professionals focused on building great things together, all while having fun!
- Implementation and iteration of Product design on our digital services across the web, mobile and other connected devices.
- Adhere to a unified consumer experience across various products for a coherent and elegant browse, purchase and checkout process.
- Develop detailed deliverables (wireframes, flows, prototypes, design comps, visual specs, etc.) that effectively communicate the designs to product managers and engineers.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers and stakeholders to conceptualize, design, prototype, test and iterate products.
- Know and understand the Hallmark brand and be an advocate for the consumer.
- Implement and obtain buy-in from cross-functional groups on a product design process to ensure requirements are properly captured and delivery timelines are appropriate and met.
- Clearly present, advocate and defend design direction and ideas that meet strategy and requirements.
- Manage and provide mentorship to a team of designers, review work, provide guidance and prioritization of tasks while instilling a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- 5+ years of user experience design on mobile devices, mobile web and web.
- Experience with UX software including InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience successfully executing in environments focused on engagement, conversion, renewal and subscriptions.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring a team of UX/product designers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- Background in A/B and multivariate testing and experience working with conversion funnels
- A self-starter attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Meticulous attention to details and knowledge of design techniques, technology and processes.
- Solid portfolio of UX design on mobile apps and websites with an eCommerce component.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.