Product Design and Insights Lead at Tala
To build team practices that ensure deep connection between Tala and our users, as demonstrated in our understanding of their needs and the experiences we provide to them. They will promote the growth and maturity of the Design and Insights teams, and position Tala as a highly desirable destination for talent worldwide.
- Evangelize and grow a user-centered culture within Tala.
- Represent and advocate for user understanding at the leadership level
- Proactively promote the value of user-centered research and design company-wide.
- Communicate out and celebrate team accomplishments and hiring milestones
- Help establish the design vision for our products and the strategy for achieving it
- Own the global hiring strategy for designers and user researchers
- Manage and develop Tala’s Design and Insights teams
- Set clear goals and expectations for team and individuals
- Evolve career growth rubric for Design
- Actively coach and mentor team members
- Conduct performance reviews and regular 1:1s
- Collaborate within a matrix structure to ensure teams are set up for success and deadlines are met
- Enforce regular share-outs and ensure that outputs help answer business questions
- 5+ years industry experience in a relevant people management role.
- 5+ years industry experience as either a UI/UX product designer or researcher with some experience in both
- Passion for developing and mentoring designers and researchers
- Proven track record of building up teams, especially in growth-stage startups
- Proactive communicator with an aptitude to motivate individuals and teams
- Experience in working design and research within Agile development cycles
- Flexibility to respond to changing requirements and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Background in digital mobile products, especially with customers in different geographies
- Experience managing matrixed and distributed, ideally international, teams
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.