Multimedia Designer at Scorpion
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:57 p.m. (PST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
As a Learning & Development designer you are responsible for turning training concepts into visual presentations, info graphics, workbooks, and web designs to engage learners and increase training retention. You will work across all aspects of the Learning & Development team to understand the vision, purpose, and objective of each training opportunity and provide your creative insight on all new hire presentations, case studies, events, Scorpion University courses, Incubation, vertical websites, etc. This role will work closely with the Learning & Development Curriculum Developer and leadership to create materials that elevate Scorpion’s mission and vision while adhering to Scorpion’s branding guidelines.
- Partner with the L&D Team to achieve excellence in Scorpion training outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with the training team to design presentations, info graphics, and learning assets to produce a variety of training projects for the training courses.
- Designs and develops basic learning solutions, including web-based learning, instructor-led, blended instruction, and virtual sessions, within the technological environment of the client.
- Receives learning objectives and other source content from the L&D team and SME and organizes it into a logical, instructional flow appropriate for the culture and level of expertise of the learners.
- Demonstrate the use of strong visual and graphic design concepts within solution design.
- Design assets that connect with different levels and types of learners that are in accordance with adult learning theory and principles.
- Utilizes multiple formats, including print, audio, visual, and multimedia, and selects the appropriate format for the target audience or content.
- Create presentation decks and other assets to support classroom training
- Create innovative on-demand e Learning modules (courses, skill profiles, videos, and assessments) that incorporate mixed media, such as graphics, animation, text, audio, and video
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and L&D Team to storyboard content that is focused on the correct learning and development objectives.
- Maintain and revamp training resources to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Evaluate the results of training programs and modified future programs to better meet training goals.
- Stays current on the latest training and development methods and technologies.
- E learning and or/instructional design experience
- Excellent visual communication skills to present information
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods including understanding of training trends and best practices.
- Oral and written skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Understands adult learning principals.
- Excellent organization, time and project management skills.
- Computer skills. Interpersonal skills.
- Must have proficient knowledge with creating engaging PowerPoint files that are instructional sound.
- Proficiency with e Learning authoring software.
- Solid knowledge Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design.
- Storyline 2 by Articulate is preferred. Experience with Multi-media, including video, audio, photography, and related software. Desktop publishing, using software such as In Design by Adobe.
- Proficiency in G-Suite as well as Microsoft Office 365 programs- to assist in creation, formatting and editing presentations and other documents.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Graphic Design or related educational field preferred.
- Solid knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design.
- The role requires experience and refined technical skills in visual design.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Read Full Job Description