Motion Graphics Designer at ChowNow
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:46 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, September 3, 2020
About the Position:
As a Motion Graphics Designer, you will be responsible for developing, designing, and executing a variety of animation and motion graphics projects from concepts to production and post-production. You will use research, strategy, systematic design, and data to develop new executions for products, services, and customer experiences for our company, clients, and consumers. You will be working within a team built on the foundation of strong collaboration, and impeccable design. You will work alongside Data,, Engineering, Business, Brand Design, Product Design, and Marketing partners to bring motion design projects to life.
This role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director; No direct reports.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Specifically, You will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leadership, content creators, artists, editors, videographers, and designers to bring stories and concepts to life.
- Conceptualize, create and present storyboards, design, and animate using different styles and visual approaches for projects that span multimedia.
- Develop well-conceived creative executions that implement the business strategy of the project and look to the results for future learnings.
- Develop motion graphic systems that allow for quick turnarounds and also self-service experiences
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Observe 4 Restaurant Partner sessions with our RS team.
- Observe design project related meetings to gain insight into our design process.
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives.
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Foster a new motion design project management process.
- Produce storyboards for Diner acquisition campaign ideas.
- Begin to develop the ChowNow Motion Design style.
- Built working relationships with cross-departmental individuals and teams.
- Develop a component-based design system.
- Develop a plan to evolve the product demos for our sales team.
Within 90 Days, You’ll:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication.
- Establish our motion design style and present to the company in a Town Hall setting.
- Conduct a research project internally or externally to further our understanding of motion design.
You Should Apply If:
- You have proven experience as a motion graphic artist or related position with a design agency or department.
- You’re a conceptual thinker capable of taking part in the initial creative process.
- You’re an excellent communicator with an ability to design and articulate your concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- You have excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver a polished execution under tight deadlines.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of various animations styles, visual design, color, and composition.
- You exhibit expert level video editing skills in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Octane Renderer, and Final Cut.
- You have expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’re familiar with emerging technologies like AR/VR a plus.
- You have experience creating with realtime and generative systems.
- You have an ability to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly, in a fast-paced work environment.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description