Motion Graphics Designer (Social) (TEMP)
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Create high-quality, compelling digital marketing materials in a variety of media and formats optimizing for usability and engagement.
- Work with the Creative Directors and Design Leads to ensure visual and brand consistency.
- Possess a strong creative view with the ability to present ideas clearly.
- Stay current on design trends, software development, and best practices.
- Generate creative, visual, and functional solutions that achieve Headspace’s strategic marketing goals in a constantly changing competitive landscape.
- Conceptualize and design a variety of digital content including animated and static social graphics, photography and advertising media.
- Partner internally with Video Production to articulate design concepts and ensure content is on brand.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Outstanding online portfolio demonstrating understanding of design fundamentals (typography, color, layout) and illustration skills.
- Success in creating engaging content and marketing collateral.
- A perceptive and self-motivated animator with 3-5 years experience.
- A multi-talented animator with the ability to execute with speed and scale.
- Ability to create assets in various formats - .mov, gif, animation/motion (showing storyboards)
- Strong sense of best practices on social platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Genuine passion for and experience with iterating on design work with inputs from data and performance.
- Resourceful and a structured problem solver.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment. Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work efficiently with the team under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of marketing language of e-commerce design: hierarchy, call to action, conversion, etc.
- Background in multi-platform marketing campaigns including desktop & mobile.
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator.
- An ability to come up with solutions to all sizes of problems within constraints (e.g. fast turnaround, small real estate etc).
- A strong understanding of brand, and what it takes to reproduce that across projects as it grows and expands.