Mid-/Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is seeking a Product Designer with a strong UI focus, who has at least 3 years of professional experience designing a variety of technology products, including software applications. At Versus, we enhance the game-playing experience. Understanding how our users interact with games is crucial to what we do. This position works in close collaboration with our Product Design and Development teams, shaping all aspects of the look and feel of our responsive software and native mobile applications, as well as video game menu systems. Your work will include research, workflows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, user-testing, and style guides.
Prior experience working in an agile and highly-iterative environment is a must. Our concepts will be tested, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders. You'll need to be flexible, creative, and thoughtful. We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
- Building, evolving, and maintaining design language and our style guide across different products
- Understanding and committing to user-centric design, creating a fluid, interactive product
- Collaborating with other product designers, engineers and stakeholders to define design vision and implement intuitive user interactions with our products
- Defining, executing and iterating on design patterns and interactions
- Creating high fidelity mockups of elegant, usable and consistent user interfaces based on business requirements
- Building functional/interactive prototypes to demonstrate and test concepts
- Providing usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, and user behavior
- Collaborating with development teams to guide and support implementation of final designs
- Presenting and justifying design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholder
- Working independently, with excellent communication and presentation skills
WE NEED . . .
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design or related studies
- 5+ year’s experience designing software applications, mobile apps and video games
- Proficient in sketch, Craft, google suite, Photoshop, Invision or other prototyping tools
- A portfolio demonstrating a clear design process from discovery and research to final hand-off of design to dev team
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- An avid and passionate gamer
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)