Marketing Designer at Tradesy
Tradesy is a peer-to-peer marketplace for women’s designer fashion that’s pioneering a sustainable future for commerce. Backed by top tier venture capital firms, our mission is to make the resale of consumer goods as simple, safe, and stylish as retail, at scale. We have millions of passionate members, a product that people love, and an office with an ocean view in sunny Santa Monica, California.
Tradesy is seeking an exceptionally talented marketing designer to own and execute the design for all of our brand communications.
Candidates must have a mastery of typography, graphic design and motion graphics principles, an eye for fashion, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to consistently produce at a rapid pace.
The ideal candidate sees design as both an art and a science, and has a passion for creating beautiful materials that are also optimized for effectiveness. We’re looking for an innovative marketing professional who has exemplified his/her ability to lead creative campaigns while leveraging a deep understanding of segmentation, testing, measurement and analytics to optimize results. The marketing designer will be responsible for creating distinct visual experiences to action customer segmentation in marketing materials such as emails and paid media ads.
Deep familiarity with fashion brands and trends is required for this position. This can be from a personal passion or professional experience.
- Share your cutting-edge creative work and with millions of Tradesy customers daily.
- Conceptualize, design, and produce creative content for digital marketing channels, including emails, social media content, and landing pages.
- Consistently work to optimize and enhance the buying and selling experience through visual communication.
- Continually optimize marketing creative through rigorous A/B testing.
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions with marketing, design and product teams.
- Have a high level of ownership, reliability and take initiative but also know when to reach out when you need guidance.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience designing for web, email and mobile apps.
- A detailed eye for effective typography, hierarchy, iconography, color, layout, texture, and transitions that work within the context of the Tradesy brand.
- An up-to-date understanding of design principles, but are comfortable with breaking the paradigms when necessary.
- Mastery of HTML, photo editing software like Photoshop, Illustration software like Sketch or Illustrator, and motion graphic, as well as emerging interactive design trends.
- Demonstration and understanding of responsive web design.
- Outstanding presentation skills of your work.
- The ability to design with the end-user in mind as well as meeting business goals and strategy.
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, quick turnaround environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Experience in the fashion/apparel industry a plus.
- Competitive base salary plus meaningful equity
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunches
- Dog friendly office
- Tight knit team