Lead UX Designer
Principal UX Designer
Boingo helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases.
The User Experience (UX) Designer will collaborate with Boingo’s product owners to develop experiences that customers love and that help make one of the most innovative business in the wireless space thrive.
At Boingo, you'll perform primary and secondary customer research, conduct panels, and interviews, develop rapid prototypes, test new concepts using lean UX principles, measure customer success, and provide recommendations for informed iteration.
The UX Designer loves details of making products work and coming up with new UX design ideas by staying attuned to the latest in human-machine interface best practices. This person is highly effective at communicating and works well with designers, engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Devise UX strategy and work cross functionally to lead and maintain the UX vision.
- Develop and leverage personas to inform user goals for specific lines of business.
- Collaborate with product owners to translate persona goals into interactions, wireframes & prototypes.
- Iterate through interactions and subtle details using prototyping and testing to deliver the optimal customer experience.
- Collaborate with visual designers on the final implementation of products, features and experiences.
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to user-test new concepts and assist engineering with the final implementation.
- Lead UX design reviews and review deliverables from designers and engineering.
- Analyze customer feedback and quantitative data to constantly improve the product.
- Ten or more years of UX design experience.
- Expertise with UX software such as Axure RP PRo, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, Adobe, etc.
- Experience taking products from concept to launch.
- Ability to create mock-ups and/or clickable prototypes using tools such as InVision, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and customers.
- Close collaboration and communication with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Ability to research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Background with and use of Cooper or IDEO methodologies is a significant advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design or relevant design area required.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.