Lead UX Designer
Who we are:
GoGuardian is transforming education.
We dream of a world in which students can leverage the power of the internet and their own curiosity while staying focused and safe from harmful content on their school-issued devices.
We're building applications to do just that. Our products allow school administrators to create freedom within boundaries by setting rules around access, teachers to guide students through online content and collaboration, and school counselors to find and help students in need. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next.
The GoGuardian UX Team is a close-knit group of thinkers and tinkerers who believe the best products are made with curiosity, optimism, and deep enthusiasm to craft products that make people’s lives better.
Who you are:
You are an experienced Senior UX Designer who balances your day-to-day design work with broader strategic planning, in partnership with Research, Engineering, and Product Management, to produce engaging, consistent, and innovative experiences for GoGuardian products.
What you'll do:
- Design experiences that directly connect to product requirements, specific use cases and user goals.
- Produce design deliverables for each step of the product development process from design exploration to user research examples, to final UI design, including task outlines, workflow diagrams, wireframes, interaction mockups, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Represent the UX voice and be an advocate for the user in all conversations when collaborating closely with developers and product owners.
- Maintain, innovate upon, and surpass industry best practices for UX and product design methods, trends, and processes.
- Work with developers to provide guidance as they build out the UI.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years creating product experiences for web-based applications and services.
- Portfolio of UX examples demonstrating design vision and real-world solutions.
- Fluency with design tools for exploring, prototyping, testing, and producing user experiences.
- The ability to develop design solutions from a variety of data and information sources.
- Collaborative communication skills and a proven capacity to prioritize and defend design decisions; strong interpersonal skills and strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
It's a bonus if:
- You have interest or experience in education and a desire to see technology transform learning.
- You’ve conducted user testing and research.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns, or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description