Title: Lead UI/UX Designer (AR/VR)
Reporting to: Head of LXD
Do you have what it takes to fundamentally transform the VR/AR industry?!
Talespin Reality Labs, Inc. is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations, and individuals to make better talent and career decisions.
Who We’re Looking For…
A creator through and through. You don’t just love UX design you find yourself obsessively researching the newest technology, get excited about solving the biggest problems in XR and live and breath being at the forefront of taking spacial design to the next level.
As Lead UI/UX Designer you will drive the vision, lead a team, be at the forefront of designing virtual human interactions for the industry, and redefine how people interact in the AR/VR industry.
In This Role You Will
- Supervise a team of UI Designers
- Establish, maintain, and champion our UI Design standards and UX vision throughout the company.
- Design from concept to completion all facets of UI design, including mockups, wireframes, diegetic, spatial, meta and diegetic interface designs, motion graphic / UI animation concepting
- Integrate UI into Unity, working with the engineering team to ensure the artwork is accurately and consistently represented
- Partner closely with Experience, Design, Product and Art teams to ensure the designs lead to intuitive user experiences for VR, MR, AR, mobile, and desktop applications
- Define, develop and maintain UI specifications, mockup interactions and style guides
- Drive improvements in UI usability and interactivity through prototyping
- Direct 3D designers and animators for creation of 3D assets and animations consistent to the established UI/UX identity, requirements and constraints, from concept to delivery
- Research new technology, interface, and interaction design trends for XR interfaces
- Work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Give and solicit feedback from others to raise the quality and craftsmanship
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a set of stakeholders
- 5-7 years as UI and UX design experience related to 3D design/modeling preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in spatial design
- Experience working with Unity to implement UI design
- Proficiency with visual design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc) and pre-visualization/prototyping tools (InVision, Adobe Xd, etc)
- Applying User-centric design and Agile processes
- Expertise creating design documents including user stories, conceptual models, annotated wireframes, storyboards, creative briefs
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamentals in visual and graphic disciplines: typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- If working remotely, the ability to travel to LA headquarters required (10% travel)
One Or More Of These Is a Plus
- Experience with designing UI motion graphics
- Experience defining product strategy and vision
- Experience working with VR/AR/MR content
- Proficiency with 3D software (C4D, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender)
- Experience prototyping emerging technologies with physical computing, haptics, wearables, or machine learning techniques