Lead Technical Artist at Wonderstorm
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations.
What you will do...
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: invent or build robust, quality technical implementations
- Refine and improve artist workflows
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise
- Actively contribute to the growth of a startup studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- 5+ years in a Technical Artist role
- Proven track record in at least one shipped title (preferably AAA)
- Solid understanding of 3D math
- Good understanding of algorithm design and of their inherent complexity
- Intimate knowledge of Maya and computer graphics
- Working knowledge of C++ is preferred, along with Python / PySide and MEL
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine is a big plus
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.