Lead Service Designer (Headspace Health) at Headspace
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:46 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 23, 2019
Design at Headspace:
We’re a team of designers within Headspace Design that are incredibly passionate and ambitious about improving the health and happiness of the world, and with more than 42 million users in over 190 countries, we’re well on our way. Creative excellence is core to Headspace, and we believe in the power of design to positively influence the way people interact with themselves and the world around them. You’ll have the chance to solve complex design and product problems working on cross-functional teams with other designers, researchers, content producers, product managers, engineers, customer experience specialists, and more. At Headspace, designers don’t work in solitude.
About the Lead Service Designer at Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a Lead Service Designer for Headspace Health, the digital health subsidiary of Headspace pioneering new ways to incorporate mindfulness into digital medicine. Headspace Health is developing digital therapeutic products to help mitigate and treat chronic health conditions. These lofty goals need great people who are excited about:
∎ Being part of a collaborative, multi-functional team developing a new-to-market product/service with a human-centered approach (visionary, collaborative, exploratory design)
∎ Designing holistic and elegant user experiences through iterative processes (building from the ground up)
∎ Working with behavioral scientists and design researchers to craft emotional experiences
∎ Injecting the brand into the product experience
As a part of the Headspace Health team, this designer will drive high-quality design of simple and complex features for a new service that could exist across mobile, web, and emerging platforms. This includes developing thoughtful ideas and enthusiastic opinions about things like usability, design, prototyping, and technology.
You have equally strong conceptual and production skills, with a keen eye for effective typography, iconography, color, layout, texture, and transitions that work within the context of the Headspace brand and an ability to translate those into intuitive, accessible, and visually-compelling product designs.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable tools and features that deliver on project goals.
- You are a systems thinker. You consider the interactions people have with not only software, but complex systems, services, and each other.
- You’re ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team without being attached to your iterations.
- You have an up-to-date understanding of design best practices and trends, but are also comfortable exploring new paradigms in UX and UI design.
- You’re a problem solver, think big and explore divergent ideas/concepts to inspire your team and bring new ideas to the table.
- You’re a self-starter with a curious mind and have no problem moving projects forward. You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You’re a passionate advocate for quality and detail throughout the feature development process, pushing for delightful interactions and moments of joy.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including demonstrated experience in designing. Experience translating a vision into a designed experience.
- 1-2+ years working with health-related products or within the industry is a plus
- Fluency with the human-centered design process
- Attention to detail and a solid understanding of visual communication
- Familiarity with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and good ol’ fashioned pen & paper.
- An understanding of modular, grid-based, systems design
- Basic understanding of how designs are implemented by client engineers (HTML/CSS/JS, Auto Layout, etc)
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.
Read Full Job Description