Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Lead Product Designer to join the Product Design Team in our Los Angeles office.
About The Role:
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team and contribute to the evolving Honey product offering with a focus on the design system. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction and trajectory of a new product. You will be collaborating with all feature team designers on building and maintaining a robust design system of all platforms: extension, website, iOS, and Android.
What you’ll do:
As a Lead Product Designer at Honey, you will:
- Take the lead to think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand the business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Collaborate with engineers from each platform on pixel-perfect execution
- Provide and receive design criticism constructively and have appreciation for its importance within the design process
- Develop proficiency in designing for multiple devices and platforms
- Live and breathe design, lead a team of designers, and coach junior designers
- 8+ years experience shipping products used by millions of consumers
- Mastery of current design software (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Framer, etc)
- Exceptional design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Proficiency in insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior)
- Solid product thinking skills
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Exceptional design system experience
Bonus Points for:
- Experience designing either E-commerce or Fintech products
- Experience leading a team of designers
- UX Writing
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.