Instructional Designer at GoGuardian
| El Segundo
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
GoGuardian is on a mission to transform education by helping to protect students in the digital space from harmful and distracting content and supporting their mental health. We partner with schools to identify learning patterns and maximize the academic potential of every student. With GoGuardian, educators can engage students with more effective resources while also promoting online accessibility in the most applicable way for their school population.
As an Instructional Designer, you’ll be responsible for the creation and maintenance of instructional materials in support of learning experiences across GoGuardian’s customer education program. You will be comfortable navigating ambiguity and evaluating success metrics. We’re looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, collaborative, agile, and data-driven individual who is passionate about education and improving learning experiences for our stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert in product knowledge and best practices to develop strategies to drive and measure stakeholder success
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and leverage existing materials to develop, update, and test new content
- Identify learning needs, ensure alignment and prioritize on design plan to ramp up adoption of product knowledge and build out customer training program
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices and methods to design effective, scalable, and engaging learning experiences
- Facilitate on-site trainings and contribute to the development of both in-person and e-learning training content from inception to completion
Who You Are
- Prior experience with Instructional design or content development for e-learning
- Prior experience teaching or delivering in-person training
- Adept at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Self-starter who is consistently driven to find new solutions and optimize processes
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment; adaptable to shift priorities quickly
What We Offer
- Opportunity to impact and revolutionize safe digital learning experiences for K-12 students
- Partner with enthusiastic and talented colleagues who are compelled to do good in the world
- Weekly yoga classes and guided aromatherapy meditation
- Annual personal growth stipend for continued learning
- Grow and scale with one of the fastest growing EdTech companies
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.