OpenX is currently looking for an Instructional Designer to add to our growing People Development Team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing blended learning modules (primarily eLearning/ CBT creation), owning all your projects from start to finish. You will support the organization by building programs in a variety of topic areas, with an initial focus on Engineering, Tech and Product orgs. You report directly to the Director People Development and work closely to create a consistent framework for programs that align with the strategic culture of learning at OpenX.
- Design and develop learning solutions that speak to a spectrum of roles, backgrounds and viewpoints, knowledge levels, and learning styles.
- Design and produce learning solutions to meet qualified needs assessments from across the company.
- Work directly with SMEs to validate needs, content and design choices in an agile manner.
- Adapt existing in-person content to produce creative, interactive eLearning experiences.
- Learning solutions will include self-paced eLearning, ILT and vILT classes, reinforcement activities, action learning projects, blended learning programs and collaborative learning experiences.
- Leverage trends in eLearning, adult learning principles and instructional development, and apply them to your design.
- Define measurement methods and evaluation metrics to assess effectiveness and value of new and existing learning programs.
- Work with various authoring tools and techniques to develop high quality, brand-aligned, engaging content.
- Will not only author, but voice blended learning solutions/ eLearning, with the potential for ILT or vILT class facilitation.
- Assist with the hierarchy, design and launch of the LMS system (Q3 2018).
- Create catalogs and learning paths within the LMS for individual roles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Training/ L+D, Marketing or related field
- 4+ years or related experience developing learning modules, working with SMEs and creating documentations for a professional environment:
- job-aids, quick-start guides, demos, worksheets, blogs, podcasts, articles, workflows, decision trees, proficiency trackers, etc
- adapting information from a variety of sources, without requiring past knowledge or background on the topic
- accountability factors, such as pre/post surveys, knowledge checks, rubric scorecards, written or verbal certifications
- Experience in creating interactive eLearning courses without additional support from start to finish - using authoring tools and/or video/audio production tools, which yield interaction and response data through SCORM (or an approximate language)
- Experience in designing for and delivering classroom (ILT) and webinar (vILT) courses
- Excellent writing, editing, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills, including the ability to translate difficult technical concepts into lay-terms
- Good blend of technical and creative dexterity
- Effective project management capabilities, ability to evaluate and re-prioritize rapidly, and ability to deliver results as part of a team and/or as an individual contributor
- Effectively work across a spectrum of wide roles to build relevant and engaging content, capturing their subject matter expertise within modules
- Organized and able to manage and deliver multiple tasks efficiently, effectively and on time in a metrics based organization
- Adaptive and rapid learner with a hunger for new information and the drive to put it in action
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!