Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is looking for a Head of Industrial Design to join our rapidly growing team. As head of industrial design, you’ll be responsible for the industrial design of current and future hardware solutions like Ghost, Sentry Towers and Anvil. You’ll roll up your sleeves from day one and jump right in to understand the needs of our customers, and translate the complexity of our products into functional, beautiful, and manufacturable physical form. This is a critical cross-functional role, and you’ll work closely with engineering, product marketing, and business development to ensure alignment across all the organization.
The right person for this role is a leader, is both strategic and execution-oriented. You can tap into your depth of experience, while also having the initiative to try something new. You exemplify high judgement and accountability. You’re as excited about hands-on detail work as you are defining the core architecture for things to come. If you’re a natural collaborator, detail-oriented, strategic and have a passion for Anduril’s mission, then this role may be for you.
What You'll Do
- Be an expert on Anduril’s industry, customers, products, technology and competition.
- Lead and facilitate a project’s design development process through working with engineers to build models, apply materials, and recommend fabrication and assembly processes.
- Develop, mediate, and cultivate a cohesive design language across diverse products.
- Present proposed product concepts for review and buy-in from engineering, marketing, and other stakeholders as required.
- Partner with Lead or Senior engineers to take ownership of translating concept sketches and renderings into DFM CAD models and prototypes.
- Foster a culture of creativity, design excellence, accountability and results.
- More than six years of experience and demonstrated success in product design - specific background in technology startups and B2B environments.
- Proven ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Advanced Solidworks skills solid and surface modeling
- Ability to work with engineering to develop concept models and prototypes
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes and associated costing for metals, composites, plastics and more (including machining, forging, molding for composites, injection molding, 3d printing, etc.)
- Experience in working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate and present new design concepts via verbal, written, and visual means
- Experience in working on technical products in a related field (eg. aerospace, automotive, transportation, or space. Not limited to these)
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance at the TS/SCI level
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!