Proper is the trusted voice for discovering, shopping, and making sense of weed for you. We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Culver City team. In this role, you will work alongside the marketing and editorial teams to bring our voices and concepts to life.
At Proper you’ll tackle all aspects of the design process, from user research to production, across a diverse portfolio of projects. We are looking for designers who want to merge visual strategy and graphic design to tell powerful stories. We encourage our designers to bring their own ideas and unique visual style to each design challenge we work on.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in graphic design with experience in both print and digital mediums. You thrive in fluid and collaborative environments, and can stay on top of multiple project streams while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Design elegant and eye-catching graphic solutions to communicate the brand message.
- Evolve your own creativity by taking risks, nurturing disruptive ideas and helping produce break-out creative.
- Concept, design, present, and implement thoughtful creative solutions that engage our audience and communicate who we are.
- Oversee all marketing collateral across print and digital, including but not limited to flyers, postcards, event signage, display banner ads, emails, comarketing collateral, and more.
- Communicate with print vendors to ensure project success.
- Work with Social team to conceptualize and design compelling content for Instagram that aligns with our brand vision, builds meaningful community connections, and encourages authentic engagement.
- Work with Editorial and Photography teams to translate photography assets into stellar pieces of content for published articles and site landing pages.
- Effectively tell our story through the creation of internal brand presentation templates, booklets, and other brand materials.
- Be an advocate of exceptional design.
- Maintain awareness of current industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends.
- Report to the Senior Marketing Director.
- 4-6 years graphic design & campaign experience (agency experience a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, or similar degree.
- Skilled in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Keynote.
- Extensive experience working across both print and digital media.
- A strong aesthetic sense, highly organized with excellent attention to detail, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
Proper is a shoppable cannabis product review website that connects consumers with the best products for them.
Across the major legal US cannabis states, we test hundreds of new products over thousands of hours to help consumers find the best products to live a better life: from better sleep to energy and productivity, wellness to mental and physical relief.
Working with top licensed delivery and retail partners, Proper is creating a new shopping experience to make the complicated and daunting task of buying great weed a thing of the past.
(Proper is a venture-backed technology and media company that does not engage in commercial cannabis activity).
You can find us at www.aproperhigh.com and @aproperhigh on social.