Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions. With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative talent from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
The Graphic Designer will work on several advanced technology and design projects collaborating with engineers, scientists, artists, designers, and inventors.
- Create various 2D graphics, using the Adobe Creative Suite, including icons and illustrative renderings for a wide variety of design efforts
- Work iteratively with the Design Department and senior designers to adjust both new and existing imagery as needed
- Maintain files of work and revisions
- Collaborate with writers, other designers, and artists to produce design packages and proposals for clients
- BS/BA degree, preferably in Graphic Design
- Ability to work iteratively and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to multitask and work on a wide range of projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose/produce graphic and type design as well as other related products
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator & InDesign
- Familiarity with SketchUp
- Experience in Marketing or Ad industry
Applied Minds is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and as such make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.