Rival is building a platform for the most coveted live events on the planet. We are a technology company with an exceptional team of experienced and talented people who have come together to build something the right way, from the ground up.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about building things, enjoy continuing to learn and grow, and who value open communication and collaboration. This role will work in our dog friendly, Playa Vista office.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced design leader who has shipped incredible products, but has also built and led design teams. This is a unique opportunity to shape our enterprise and consumer products and help create innovative experiences. In this role, you will apply your passion for brand, craft, and design fidelity to guide research and design processes. Although we prefer someone who has worked on both consumer and enterprise products, we care more about the experiences you've created at scale. Our ideal candidate has an intuitive sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegant user experiences from complex workflows. You take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but the business aspects of the products as well.
Joining at this stage, you'll be the first leader of our design team. We expect you'll still be hands on in the day to day, while also creating the strategic vision for design across the organization. Our engineering and product teams are exceptional, and design is already integral to how we approach development. The ideal candidate is a collaborative design team leader, manager, systems-level design thinker, with strong instincts and outstanding intuition - who will provide leadership and direction for a team of designers. This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to join the ground floor of a rapidly growing consumer and enterprise company.
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams of UX Designers, UX Researchers, and/or UI Designers
- Significant experience working closely with Engineers and Product Managers in technical environments
- Significant experience designing elegant user journeys and flows
- Significant experience wireframing and building low to high fidelity prototypes - we use Invision, Framer, and Principle, but we're open to other tools
- Understand the differences between web, Android, and iOS platforms
- Interface design experience using software such as Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.Conversion funnels, and optimization
- Bonus points for experience with eCommerce and high traffic products, sophisticated enterprise platforms
Please supply a current portfolio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description