Design Director - Beverly Hills
If you’re passionate about great visual design and UX, and have the desire to do meaningful work and make a big impact in your field, this is an opportunity for you to do so at a fast growing company. The Design Director will bring experience leading big systems projects and working in multi-disciplinary team with a desire to learn and lead graphic designers who, like you, want to unpack and solve big problems with design.
What We're Looking For:
- Proficiency providing the strategic and creative rationale, while understanding the technical aspects to deliver
- Proficiency in project management, driving project briefs and any process and efficiency related work
- Experience mentoring, inspiring, leading designers and must have direct reports if applicable
- Skilled at typography, hierarchy, composition, and any kind of graphic element
- Skilled at building grid systems and style sheets
- Skilled at creating style guides and initiating design workshops
- Skilled at starting initiatives/projects and leading teams to success, following through and adoption
- Skilled at handling feedback and constructive criticism from others, as well as giving feedback to others
- Highly skilled at leading larger projects with three or more designers especially for regional and national projects like the style guides, toolkits and launches of new graphic design elements (fonts, agent logo process, etc)
- Expert in building design systems that impact the work flows of all designers regionally
- BFA at a Design school or equivalent education/experience, MFA is a plus
- Design agency or In-house creative studio experience a plus
- Must have expertise in Creative Suite
- 8–13+ years of experience
At Compass You Will:
- Be responsible for setting a tone and working with Associate Design Directors and Designers to create processes for projects that ensure the highest level of quality for design work—
conceptually and in execution.
- Work on Creative Strategy with Directors/Leads and Marketing to develop in depth projects from start to finish.
- Design top quality work in line with agency standards for our agents across all media, especially for brand identities and agent style guide work
- Present ideas to other departments and agents about design.
- Share experience from previous agencies and companies to inspire design critiques and design discussions.
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases.
- Manage, support and inspire a small team of direct reports.
- Work with Creative and Design Directors/Leads to ensure design work exceeds client expectations to own an area of Creative Expertise in their region.