Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
We are currently seeking an entry level/junior designer. This candidate would bring design + creative expertise to projects across the roster.
Particular skill set in more urban-leaning visuals.
- Support the creative dept in graphic design needs
- Design various marketing materials (posters, flyers, invites, singles, etc.)
- Hit tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Manage retouching process and retouching budgets
- Handle smaller assignments in the department to free up senior team members
- Turn around projects on a tight deadline
- Solid design skills and basic expertise in Mac design programs
- Interest in photography, graphic design, fashion, music, pop culture and have a high taste level
- Exceptional eye for details
- Amazing communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with others and take direction when need be
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office; and familiarity with Lightroom and Capture One
- Minimum 2 year of print production design or graphic design experience (design portfolio required)
- Considered a plus but not required: being connected within the creative industry (photographers, glam, graphic designers, re-touch artist)
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.