Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
This role is the creative force responsible for developing compelling visual experiences for both our business partners and end consumers. You will bring strong, innovative vision and mentorship to a growing team of creatives. You have a keen sense of style and a discerning eye, and are passionate about working in online commerce.
What you’ll do:
- Lead. Inspire and mentor a team of designers. Enhance knowledge of best design practices and trends in web and graphic design. Provide quality control over concepts and projects. Work cross-departmentally to prioritize and delegate throughout the Creative team. Assist with company-wide decisions and prioritization.
- Branding. Develop, Enforce and Test and Optimize multiple brand style guides and design pattern libraries with considerations from internal teams and external partners.
- Visual Design. Leverage superior visual design skills to distill the creative vision of our brands. Produce UI from wireframes and high fidelity concepts all the way to in-site assets when necessary
- Asset Production. Partner with internal teams (Marketing, Merch, etc.) to develop strategically sound and holistic brand and marketing creative (emails, social, promotions) executed with excellence and leveraged across all touch-points, including mobile. Ensure designs and interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across a wide range of deliverables.
- Thought Leadership. Lead brainstorm and design development sessions with the CEO and other key stakeholders to understand and develop all visual aspects across our many brands.
- B2B Branded Materials. Own the production + update cadence of all B2B Marketing materials (Decks, One Pagers). Understand our business model and how to effectively display and visually communicate our offerings in a compelling manner.
- Brand Studio Visuals. Ideate, test and create ways to improve brand studio key KPIs through visuals in our articles.
- Organize. Maximize the team’s effort and ensure efficient workflows while maintaining a keen eye for detail and quality. Establish a filing system and structure to scale.
- Entrepreneurial. You may not have your own company just yet, but you think and act like a passionate, savvy entrepreneur and are open to learning new things, and digging into customer stories to inform your work.
- Creative Thinker + Problem-Solver: Not afraid to explore non-conventional approaches to address conventional problems. Passionate about finding the best answer and motivating the team to work in unison to solve.
- Analytical. You have deep knowledge of user-centered design and usability best practices. You understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs. You have a passion for the user’s experience and the ability to execute, including wireframing and prototyping. Data-Driven against team metrics.
- Experienced. Proven experience leading and growing design teams; Experience in managing workload against resources and competing priorities, successfully working with leadership and engineering to define product scope and roadmap. You have a great UI portfolio, outstanding design and execution skills.
- Collaborative. Have conviction to champion your perspective but able to successfully collaborate with other points of view. Effortlessly collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of business and web developers to provide concept visualizations, prototypes, specifications, and ultimately high-resolution assets for beautiful user interfaces in a fast-paced environment. But most of all, love what you do and have some fun in the process.
- Experience designing for large-scale ecommerce or SaaS
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Graphic Design or related field in Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors; Basic understanding of CSS, HTML-5
- An online portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in designing for online
- Minimum of 3 years of management or leading a team
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Proficiency with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in utilizing the principles of design, color theory, typography, and graphics file creation optimized for online, print and video
- Experience designing for responsive platforms
- Experience strategizing and designing a global brand identity
Benefits + Perks
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done.
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, eLearning allowances, monthly eBooks, and Parking Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Happy Hour: We host a StackCommerce happy hour every Friday!
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!