Contract Visual UI Designer
Are you a designer who loves creating beautiful interfaces? We are looking for a Contract Visual UI Designer to support our Sales/Marketing teams. The Contract Visual UI Designer will work on an ad hoc basis to create high-quality visual designs in the form of promotional banners, advertising, sales collateral both online and offline —from concept to execution—across many platforms.
Please note, this contract role will need to work at our El Segundo office location and therefore we are not looking for remote contractors.
Contractor should have a general understanding of online advertising and e-mail marketing concepts, familiarity with basic UX design principals, and an energetic & positive attitude.
Candidates must provide a portfolio of previous work.
- Develop and grow Product Insights visual identity and art direction.
- Evolve design patterns across web and mobile form factors.
- Design a variety of content layouts & artwork, including banner ads, full page promotions, email campaigns, social media campaigns, landing and splash pages, animations, motion graphics and etc.
- Run quality control checks on all assets prepared for hand-off, ensuring that assets are compatible with company visual style/branding guidelines.
- Communicate with stakeholders to realize user experience design vision.
- Fulfill on large volumes of art requests with tight deadlines.
- Work independently as a self-starter, as well as collaboratively with the team.
- Take initiative, responsibility & ownership for all assigned projects and be in communication with manager, project stakeholders, and other design team members if schedules cannot be met or if there are any questions/issues.
- Be proactive in getting necessary design feedback and approvals to make sure deadlines are being met.
- Empathetic and inquisitive, with a positive attitude and openness to collaboration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Create email marketing items, presentation materials and interactive event materials
- An energetic & positive attitude with the desire to foster a collaborative team environment
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Advertising or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of graphic production experience in a web publishing environment.
- Ability to produce or re-create illustrations, logos, and similar items in vector or raster-based programs depending upon the needs of the project.
- Fundamental knowledge of color theory, typography, page layout and design
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud environment applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) on the Mac OSX platform and Sketch for desktop and mobile UIs. Ability to be flexible within the job to ensure the best processes/systems for smooth completion of all projects
- Basic photo retouching skills required
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple, occasionally competing deadlines.
- Available to work occasional after-hours depending on project needs
- Flexible and quick to respond to changes in business priorities.
- Ability to work under creative direction and respond well to feedback and critique
- Proactive and solutions oriented with a positive attitude to challenges
- Digital illustration skills a plus
- Animation, motion graphic skills a plus
- Experience with design system web UI is highly desired