CG Generalist Specializing in Motion Graphics
NextVR is looking for a creative that specializes in Motion Design, with an emphasis in 3D/CG Motion Graphics, to join our production team in Newport Beach, CA. An understanding of Virtual Reality is a plus, but depending on portfolio review professional experience in VR is not an absolute necessity.
- Create stunning mograph animations in stereoscopic 3D/VR space.
- Take responsibility for establishing the lighting and "look" of the animations.
- Continually push the boundaries of what an animation of a mograph package looks like in Virtual Reality.
- Assist with the creation of "still" VR pieces, tending to the layout, lighting, and overall look of a piece.
- Communicate clearly with the creative team & producers to meet strict deadlines, often in a very fast-paced production environment.
- Reports to the VFX Supervisor.
- 3+ years experience in Feature Film, Commercial, or other studio production environments.
- Must have a very strong understanding of 3D computer graphics, including lighting and shading (understanding of raytrace renderers).
- Must be a strong CG artist with a demo reel of work to showcase this experience.
- A strong understanding of motion and still design, typography, mograph trends, and 3D animation.
- Must be willing to be flexible regarding the package in which work will be executed (it might not be C4D).
- Understanding of Maya & Nuke is a plus.
- Can operate independently, as a self-starter, while also working within a larger team that is big on collaboration.
- Must have a passion, or developing passion, for Virtual Reality, as well as an ample creative drive that produces unique & original ideas.
Direct Candidates Only! NO AGENCIES. NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS PLEASE!