Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave helps its more than eight million customers budget, find work, build credit, and access income to cover immediate expenses. Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others.
Design is a business differentiator at Dave. It is our job to deeply understand our members’ needs and experience so that we can deliver unique, approachable and meaningful solutions to their already stressful lives.
Our team values shipping early and often while also holding a high bar for shipping great products by pushing our engineering and product counterparts to perfect the product experience. We do this through the practice of UX design, the development of design systems and tooling, product writing, design research, and branding. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
Your mission will be to collaborate across the marketing, product, and design teams to evolve our brand identity and its guidelines and maintain design consistency between product and brand.
Who you are:
- You understand how to evolve a brand visually and consistently across marketing, communication, and a complex app where simplicity is key
- Someone with a proactive, here-to-help attitude and believes in the value of collaboration
- A problem solver, not afraid to challenge the ordinary, and with the drive to bring your ideas to life
- You give and receive feedback well, like collaborating with others early and often, and want to push both yourself and the design team to new heights
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- You are enthusiastic and have a passion for quality
- You are a team player - able to work with lots of people and be patient
- You are inquisitive by nature. Your first instinct is to ask questions instead of rushing to an answer
What you'll do:
- Collaborate and ideate with designers and cross-functional partners to maintain and build upon visual brand standards for a wide range of design needs
- Drive collaboration with all stakeholders including execs (when necessary), UX Research, Product, copywriters, video producers to deliver creative assets for all marketing and brand activations across Dave
- Develop and implement visual brand across key assets — product visuals, blog, marketing and brand campaigns, emails, video, swag, collateral, social, event design, etc.
- Work with the Product Designers to align brand identity with product design to build strong branded interactions and memorable experiences
- Deliver high-quality, pixel-perfect, scalable designs
- Manage medium to large-scale projects independently
- Create high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our brand
- Give and receive feedback to peers through design critique
What you'll need:
- A skilled graphic designer with 4+ years of professional experience within the disciplines of visual design, brand identity and digital design
- Prior experience working at a creative agency
- Strong visual design portfolio demonstrating a range of work across different mediums
- Proficiency with design tools like Adobe CC, Figma etc.
- Experience working with and evolving brand guidelines and systems
- Strategic thinker, able to see an idea through from concept to execution
- Great communication and time management skills
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.