Associate Creative Director (Freelance)
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 300,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
About the role:
As an Associate Creative Director, you will work cross functionally to build campaigns -from concept to execution. You will work collaboratively with other designers, writers and members of the Marketing, Growth and Talent teams to build experiences that resonate with our users within the scope of social media, paid ads, emails and landing pages.
There are so many IAB specs, with new ones launched all the time. We need someone who is well versed in how to make creative work for every spec, as well as rich media ads powered by HTML5.
We think this is a dream job for an extremely creative, collaborative, analytical, and goal-oriented individual - we could not be more excited to work together!
A few things about yourself:
- You’re a generalist. You excel at anything from creative concepting to fine-grained visual design, and can transition from concept to granular detail/execution seamlessly.
- You understand platform best practices, not just in terms of design, but in terms of functional deployments (i.e., how audience lists work, how Facebook decides which creative to show, how to optimize creative based on data, etc.).
- You’re an inspiring storyteller, beast when it comes to production, and can confidently throw down in a brainstorm session.
- You enjoy working closely with different perspectives across disciplines: this role will focus on marketing needs but may also contribute to projects with the growth, sales, talent and product teams.
- You want to help build, maintain and constantly improve Cameo’s design standards. Creative quality is key!
- You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Talking about pop culture gets you going. Whether it’s Housewives or Hall of Famers, you’re a fan of something.
What we hope you bring to the table:
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of work across several scales and mediums, especially digital
- 5+ years of professional design experience, with a proven track record of formulating and executing on best-in-class creative ideas and campaigns
- Mastery of Photoshop, with the rest of the Creative Suite close behind
- Proficiency with video editing software
- Production-level detail and ideas worth executing
- Experience with a consumer marketplace product
- Experience with FB/IG consideration + conversion campaigns
- Experience w/ Google Display + YouTube, Google RLSA
- Programmatic + retargeting is a plus
- Misc paid social experience (Snap, Tik Tok, etc.)
Please include any links to your portfolio in your cover letter and/or resume.
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.