Vice President – Technology Architect
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Vice President – Chief Technology Architect. In this role, the Chief Architect influences the organization and the engineering community in particular to deliver solutions that are innovative and comply with the architecture blueprint and technical standards of the enterprise. He or she will also serve as a trusted advisor to the CIO and be the technical voice for a wide variety of cross-functional initiatives for the leadership team. Ability to navigate internal networks, build internal consensus and lead is a must.
- Strategic thinking and research: bring outside-in thinking to the organization, highlighting industry trends that should be considered and evaluated.
- Act as an innovator, disruptor and executioner in informing and driving all aspects of our technical strategy.
- Actively collaborate with respective peers to ensure coherence and alignment of the various architecture blueprints.
- Contributes or leads technical 'deep dives' to solve the most complex design issues or address burning strategic challenges.
- Actively contributes or leads cross-divisional architecture transformation programs aiming at rationalizing business, data, solution, technical or security architecture.
- Establish goals and intended outcomes relating to product security, platform and infrastructure security, security tools strategy, and architectural direction contributing to a technical strategy shaped by the business strategy.
- Analysis & Insights: Lead the rationalization and expansion of large-scale architectures that will support growth; planning for the security, resiliency and effortless experience for the product portfolio. Drive teams to consensus on designs, patterns, best practices and implementation methods that are enterprise adopted and business applicable.
- Internal Consultant: Provide expertise to business units and colleagues across the company who are building platform, infrastructure, and database applications and frameworks
- Develop multi-year Employee strategy: and security products roadmap including architecture blueprints. These blueprints define and guide specific areas of investment and alignment of security capabilities required within platform solutions such as public and private cloud deployment, data center services, database and systems infrastructure, security instrumentation, and platform frameworks
- Subject matter expert in contemporary technologies like AI & Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding (NLU), DevSec Ops, advanced analytics, predictive services, transformation to the Public Cloud, modernization of legacy architectures, and open platform APIs.
- Prior experience in functioning as a VP or Architecture/Chief Architect/Distinguished Engineer in leading technology strategy for large organizations delivering solutions at scale and stability.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.