Tech Lead / Data Science
PROTECT MORE LIVES WITH US!
Be at the forefront of technology and medicine at Quantgene
Today, regular routine cancer screening is not widely available. Therefore, most cancers are diagnosed at later stages- when they have already started to spread in the body and when chances of survival are far lower.
We believe patients deserve better.
At Quantgene, our goal is to save lives by enabling the detection and treatment of cancer as early as possible. That’s why we are determined to bring the power of advanced data science and deep sequencing to the world of medicine.
We are pushing the frontier of medicine by bringing together the best minds in quantitative analytics, bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing, laboratory operations, and clinical evidence generation. Decades of experience in each field have taught us that no single area can move us into the future on its own.
We're making a difference and carefully building a team that shares our priorities, values, respect, and empathy for our customers, and building honest products that play a fundamental role in improving lives.
- Acts as an interface from management to the data team.
- Implement systematic experimental frameworks.
- Turn complex development efforts in data science (including python and data strategies) into well-managed projects.
- Creates blueprints and flowcharts of complex data science projects.
- Ensures ongoing and diligent execution of data research and engineering projects.
- BA or MS in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, statistics, data science or molecular biology; or relevant work experience.
- Experience coding in Python and using associated statistical packages.
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Experience in computational modeling and machine learning.
- Needs to have basic knowledge of feature engineering selection and importance and major machine learning standards.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to data science.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- As part of the hiring process, we’d like to request that every candidate complete an assignment related to their specific discipline. This will help to ensure that we are a good match for each other.
- Specific assignments will be provided at the appropriate time in the hiring process.
Location, Perks, Compensation, and Timeline
Compensation is competitive, including substantial stock options that move the needle. We offer unlimited vacation, 401k matching, and medical/dental insurance. We are in the Arts & Tech district in Santa Monica, CA in modern, bright, and spacious converted industrial barn with a full kitchen…all within walking distance to the Metro. Some work-from-home and flex days are available.
Must live in the Los Angeles area and be willing to commute to our office. Relocation is possible for the right person. We are hiring immediately.
We are small, agile, and highly effective. We have a team of 30 and are growing fast.
Quantgene values entrepreneurial thinkers who love to devise new ideas and drive them to fruition. Your voice will be heard here and welcome. Our office is a fun, collaborative environment with smart people who are passionate about wellness, changing healthcare, and saving lives through early cancer detection. It’s fun, challenging, and ultimately meaningful work that makes a genuine difference.
Job Type: Full Time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Quantgene is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.