We rely on the numbers to make sound business decisions here at LegalZoom, so our Customer Insights and Analytics team is integral to keeping us on the right track. This team is obsessed with data analysis and getting the numbers right. There’s lots of Excel and SQL, and also Python and R, and plenty of cross-functional interaction with other business units, making analytics at LegalZoom anything but dry.
LegalZoom.com is seeking a Statistical Analyst to join our Customer Insights and Analytics team. The position will have the responsibility of providing support to a Sr. Statistical Analyst and to the Web Optimization team, collaborating in the design and analysis of A/B tests, drilling-down experimental data sets to address fundamental questions, and looking for business opportunities in the data. He or she will be capable to effectively communicating to stakeholders. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who is analytical, is a critical thinker, loves data, is very motivated to learn about and support a variety of business functions.
What you’ll do:
- Implement concepts of experimental design to address and solve Web Optimization problems.
- Effectively retrieve data from sources such as Google Analytics (using BigQuery) and our proprietary data warehouse (using SQL).
- Drill-down experimental data sets in order to understand results and address questions from stakeholders
- Perform statistical procedures and data analysis using R or Python or equivalent tools
- Deliver test insights to business owners
- Develop familiarity and understand LegalZoom products and services
- Create and maintain dashboards in Tableau
- Assist in and develop data science projects
- B.A., preferably in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent in quantitative sciences
- Highly analytical and quantitative, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with highly motivated team members
- Ability to quickly and effectively build partnerships with stakeholders across the company
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to effectively present analyses to business partners
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- 3-4 years of work experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, R or Python is required
- Experience in applying standard parametric and non-parametric tests
- Working knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Familiarity with PowerPoint and Excel
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity