Sr. Software Engineer (Big Data) at Viant
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:32 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, July 2, 2020
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Data Warehouse Team seeks a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Los Angeles, CA office. The Sr. Software Engineer will work on the end-to-end development of a real-time, big data analytical solution. Our team processes petabytes of data a day and queries billions of rows of data in seconds, without writing a single line of code. Data is a critical part of Viant’s daily operations and the Data Warehouse Team is responsible for making this data available to all users in near real time for data analysis and reporting. If you’re interested in building software to enable cutting-edge self-serve systems over petabytes of data, this is the place to be.
- Work independently and take ownership of existing and new projects through their life cycles
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable internal users to consume and understand data faster
- Provide technical expertise to implement Data warehousing and other related projects
- Strong experience in Java. Go is a plus
- Strong SQL/NoSQL background. BigQuery is a big plus
- Experience in building and scaling applications in Google Cloud. AWS is a plus
- Experience in full cycle of a product: design/dev/test/deployment/maintenance
- Cloud technologies, such as those provided by the Google Cloud Platform, is a big plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.