Sr. Software Engineer (Big Data Tools, Back-End)
Greater LA Area
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant’s Data Warehouse Team seeks a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Los Angeles, CA office. The Sr. Software Engineer will work on the end-to-end development of a real-time, big data analytical solution. Our team processes petabytes of data a day and queries billions of rows of data in seconds, without writing a single line of code. Data is a critical part of Viant’s daily operations and the Data Warehouse Team is responsible for making this data available to all users in near real time for data analysis and reporting. If you’re interested in building software to enable cutting-edge self-serve systems over petabytes of data, this is the place to be.
- Work closely with peers to design and code robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that integrate with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Write server side code for Google Cloud Platform based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop and support backend and frontend of Viant’s Big Data Tools.
- Design, document and implement products’ features from scratch to production-ready state.
- Constantly improve existing code-base quality and deliver new high-quality code.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Google Cloud Platform technologies to build our own self-service solutions
- 5+ years of software development experience as part of a development team.
- 2+ years developing server-side solutions to support web and other client applications.
- 2+ years of experience with Java, Linux, Maven in real production (not college projects) product (with multiple-threads as a plus)
- Expert with at least one language and good with several others. We work in a variety of languages and frameworks like Java, Go, Node.js. Java a must
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores.
- Good understanding of version control workflow. We use Git.
- Knowledge / experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience (MS or PhD in Computer Science is a plus).
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Read Full Job Description