Sr. Data Analyst at Tamara Mellon
Tamara Mellon, co-founder of Jimmy Choo, is no stranger to success or rule breaking. True to form, Tamara is now doing things differently— really differently.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, her three-year-old namesake label is the first-ever direct-to-consumer luxury women’s accessories brand. What this means in short: old school Italian craftsmanship without the retail markups.
For us, new luxury also means reinventing the shopping experience. Anyone who shops with us (or is a fan of the brand for that matter) is a VIP— think best-in-class customer service (we call them Liaisons) and complimentary shoe care with every purchase.
We’re dead serious about disrupting the status quo, and not just in the fashion industry. An outspoken advocate of women’s issues, Tamara Mellon is creating a community of like-minded, next gen consumers.
If you’re a rule breaker like us, and this sounds like the opportunity (not the job) you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you.
You know and love working with analytic tools, have a strong working knowledge of SQL, and can use your technical skills and creative approaches to solve unique problems and answer important questions. You also have a passion for e-comnmerce data and analytics, and have experience working with merchandising, planning and supply chain. Tamara Mellon is looking for someone who is always curious and has a passion for data and providing insights. As a member of the Analytics and Data Science team, you’ll partner closely with business stakeholders to provide insights and inform data driven strategies and actions through high-quality and timely analysis.
- Empower business leaders to make data-driven decisions by making information accessible through dynamic and rich dashboards and by providing ad hoc reports when necessary
- Analyze data using visualizations and statistics to evaluate performance, identify actionable insights, make recommendations, and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating your findings
- Understand the underlying business questions being asked, and provide data and analytical insights and solutions
- Ensure data quality by QAing and UATing your work, and that of your colleagues
- As a key member of the Analytics and Data Science team, as well as partnering with the Supply Chain, Merchandising and Planning teams, you must be able to synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings
- Work closely with your Data Scientist colleague to analyze data and develop models to improve supply chain performance
- BA/BS in a quantitative or engineering discipline or equivalent work experience in business intelligence or data analysis
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Expertise with web analytics tracking, specifically Google Analytics
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, or Looker
- Experience querying and manipulating raw data (SQL) and building automated dashboards (Tableau, Excel)
- Basic familiarity with statistical methods and concepts, including hypothesis testing, statistical tests, and regression analysis
- A commitment to and appreciation of accurate and consistent data
- Proven communication, coordination, and collaboration skills
- Must be able to synthesize findings, prepare presentations and assist in presenting findings
- Proven ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willing to take the initiative
- Familiarity with a statistical programming language (R or Python) is a plus
- 5+ years of experience across analytics and technology
- Background in e-commerce strongly preferred, and an interest in fashion retail is a plus
- Ideally have knowledge of inventory management, merchandising, pricing, supply chain management, and optimization principles and concepts
Unlimited paid time off
Medical, Dental and Vision
12 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave
Employee discount (50%)