Sr. Competitive Intelligence Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager to join our Product Marketing team. In this role, you’ll create an overall strategy for gathering and using competitive intelligence to identify new business opportunities and increase revenue. You’ll use data gathered through market and field research to drive winning sales plays, marketing campaigns, and product strategies.
As a Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager, you’ll provide strategic support throughout the sales-cycle which includes attending onsite meetings and customer-facing events. You’ll arm our sales team with the resources needed to gain a competitive edge and close more deals.
Lessons learned in the field will be brought back into marketing to inform positioning and messaging and direct competitive campaigns. Your expertise will also be leveraged in R&D to guide product development. The intelligence gathered in this role is vital to many strategic business decisions across Procore.
What you’ll do:
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on key competitors’ product, business, sales, and marketing strategies; maintain high level of knowledge and awareness at all times, bring relevant competitive moves to the attention of the right individuals across sales, marketing, and product
- Build relationships with other internal and external SMEs to stay current and help generate actionable insights
- Develop competitive sales strategies, manage their execution across sales, and work as the SME alongside AE and SEs in competitive deals
- Partner with sales by participating in team meetings, group sessions, deal reviews, and client-facing competitor reviews
- Execute competitive win/loss reviews with sales/account teams, prospects and customers to ensure clear understanding of competitive dynamics
- Create appropriate presentations, content, collateral, talking points, winning themes, key questions, and battle cards to enable sales to effectively compete
- Partner with demand generation and BDR organization to drive competitive campaigns and offers
- Participate in product marketing positioning, messaging and launch processes
- Participate in R&D opportunity analysis and prioritization exercises to influence product direction
- Collaborate with others across the business to compile knowledge and identify gaps and make impactful business decisions
- Measure success by tracking win rates against top competitors and ARR influenced in specific competitive deals
- Manage a small team (initially one) and external agency resources as needed; build out the team as success of the function is proven
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence/strategy, preferably in construction technology.
- Demonstrated competitive mindset with the ability to help the team win
- Adept at primary research utilizing proven, validated research techniques
- Mastery of standard secondary research sources
- Experience coalescing multiple sources of information into a cohesive story
- Excellent communication, presentation skills; able to establish credibility with senior leaders
- Experience supporting a software sales cycle and a sales organization
- Experience executing competitive marketing programs and campaigns
- Experience building cross-functional relationships to achieve shared goals
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged/given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.