Sr. Business Analyst
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join our Data & Analytics Technology team. The BA will be a part of the Data & Analytics Technology team and will work across our data technology team and other UMG business teams to analyze, document and develop data requirements that deliver against several key UMG business goals. The BA is typically assigned projects with a high degree of complexity. S/he must be able to use her/his individual judgment and initiative on all assignments with the minimal level of supervision/direction. S/he is able to independently coordinate many diverse and complex activities to accomplish a goal. In addition, this individual will assist with the development and implementation of business processes and tools as well as the establishment and integration of measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business needs and corporate objectives.
How you'll CREATE:
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business landscape and data flows, business processes, and cross-department interactions.
- Prepare comprehensive future state documentation for business processes.
- Elicit and document business requirements and visual models that communicate what must occur to realize future state.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the data engineering team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations as needed where business impacts may arise.
- Prepare for, lead and/or participate in requirements elicitation or architecture design sessions as required for projects.
- Validate and approve data deliverables such as curated datasets to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Support user acceptance testing via test planning and developing and executing test scenarios and/or test scripts.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ Years' experience as a BA preferably working in the finance industry within technology teams.
- Experience with financial and accounting concepts, data analytics and reporting practices and technology.
- Experienced in tools & techniques of business systems analysis, engineering, project management, systems testing, and quality assurance
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management; possesses strong coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
- Capturing business requirements effectively and creating requirement documents, preferably with strong SQL skills
- Project management skills with a proven track record of initiative and outstanding performance.
- Individual must be flexible, with an ability to work in an independent, proactive manner, as well as part of a team
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer