Senior Software Engineer - Routing at Mothership
| Culver City
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 9, 2021
We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Routing team, you will be responsible for architecting a routing system that powers our carrier network throughout the United States and we're just getting started.
The ideal candidate for this role should have experience architecting and building scalable, event-driven systems in python with critical business logic. This is a rare opportunity to capture a multi-billion dollar industry by cleverly applying modern technology to deliver new opportunities for businesses and carriers.
What you'll get to do
- Develop scalable service-oriented dispatch systems, allowing us to efficiently optimize a shipment's route
- Design dispatch strategies that route and allocate shipments to the optimal carrier by leveraging real-time vehicle locations, volume capacities, time constraints, and more
- Create microservices in a polyglot environment using modern development tools
- Work with other teams to augment routing capabilities using real-time data from publish and subscribe systems
- Identify and solve complex problems using software and improve inefficiencies in our carrier dispatch software
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience architecting dispatch or routing systems in a marketplace environment at scale
- Familiarity with applied machine learning models and concepts
- Ability to thrive with minimal guidance on open-ended problems
- A curious and open-minded attitude and a willingness to question every aspect of our operations to constantly raise the quality of our service
- Ability to communicate and present complex information to both technical and non-technical coworkers with ease
Technologies we're working with
- Google OR Tools
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- $134K – $168K • 0.041% – 0.071%
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description